LifeArc is a medical research charity with a 25-year legacy of helping scientists and organisations turn their research into treatments and diagnostics for patients.
We are pioneering new ways to turn great science into greater patient impact at LifeArc. We do this by bringing together a network of partners to tackle specific diseases and by funding and developing early-stage research.
This is an exciting time to join LifeArc as we prepare to launch our new strategy, driving forward our ambitions to bring impact and innovation into the lives of patients. The Legal and Governance team at LifeArc is expanding to meet the increasing needs of the charity and its new vision. This role has been created to provide additional support on standard agreements including confidentiality, material transfer, student ship and services agreements. The role holder will work collaboratively with colleagues across the Legal and Governance team, as well as Business Partners across the charity, to deliver professional support.
- Act as a valued Business Partner to both internal and external clients, advising on IP, licensing and commercial contracts matters.
- Lead on drafting and negotiation on standard agreements based on model templates including confidentiality, material transfer, studentship, and services agreements, seeking support from senior colleagues and external counsel as required.
- Undertake induction, training and development activities as required to develop knowledge and skills for the role.
- Proactively develop and maintain knowledge of contracts, intellectual property, charity, and other relevant areas of law.
- Proactively manage workload of agreements and queries, maintaining accurate records, balancing competing priorities and managing expectations of internal and external clients.
- Proactively seek to drive improvements and efficiencies to working practices across the team.
- Degree in law, business, or life sciences subject.
- Post-graduate qualifications including GDL and LPC desirable.
- Tech transfer, legal or contracts management qualifications from relevant bodies (including PraxisUnico, AUTM, Chartered Institute of Legal Executives or equivalent) desirable.
Your salary will be determined by qualifications and experience. In addition, LifeArc offers a defined contribution pension scheme, private health insurance, a flexible benefits scheme and 31 days paid holiday per year.
LifeArc is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, or belief. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter explaining why you want to work for LifeArc to: firstname.lastname@example.org.