Sole Legal Counsel (6 years+) for FinTech in Institutional Markets, Part Time, London
A unique and exciting opportunity has come up to join a scale-up FinTech building a global business that is re-wiring short-term financing markets….
Our client is a financial technology company that is unlocking multi-trillion dollar wholesale money markets via their digital platform; connecting cash rich firms to institutional borrowers from the sovereign, bank and corporate sectors, through an entirely new financial asset class that they developed from first principles. Their institutional client-base comprises FTSE100 companies, leading fund managers, VC-backed unicorns, UN Agencies, charities and family offices, amongst others.
Backed by multiple leading venture capital funds and having just completed S10m funding round last month, this firm is going from strength to strength. It is now going through its next growth phase and has reached the point where it needs to hire its first lawyer. We are therefore looking for a highly motivated and ambitious candidate to join this scale-up FinTech reporting directly to the CEO.
This firm has a vibrant start-up culture which they are keen to maintain. This role is therefore very entrepreneurial and would suit a bright, driven individual with an appetite to build a dynamic function that works closely with the product, sales and operational teams to accelerate the growth of the business.
What will the role involve?
- Building the firm’s legal function; general day to day legal tasks; negotiating various forms of financing documents;
- Engaging with product and ops team in new product design and implementation;
- Assist in opening-up in new regulated markets and expanding into new territories;
- Liaising with the regulator;
- Assisting with all capital raising activities;
- Engaging with joint venture partners and distributors.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in investment funds, financial regulation and/or debt;
- And the ability to apply their knowledge to complex problems outside of their specific expertise;
- A genuine interest in finance and technology;
- An appetite for creative and strategic thinking;
- A hands-on approach and a willingness to roll their sleeves up;
- A desire to be a part of an innovative fast-moving culture.
This role would suit a senior lawyer 6 years+ who is looking to work on a part-time basis, at least initially.
Our client offers a very competitive compensation package consisting of base salary; quarterly cash bonuses; and equity options in the business. Moving forward they will continue to operate a hybrid, flexible model of working remotely and physically meeting. They have an office in a beautiful building in Central London with a coffee/drinks bar, roof terrace and gym.
For more information, please contact:
email@example.com 07944 390723
firstname.lastname@example.org 07900 692209
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only respond to those we deem suitable for the role.
Apply for Sole Legal Counsel (6 years+) for FinTech in Institutional Markets, Part Time, London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly