Legal Manager - Sole In-house Counsel 3+ PQE
Legal Manager - Sole In-house Legal Counsel 3+ PQE Part Time IT Sector West Midlands
A rare and newly created, part-time, first time appointment, as Legal Manager for a West Midlands HQ IT/ Tech company.
We are exclusively instructed by a multi-faceted, successful IT business in serious growth mode. This role provides the perfect opportunity for an experienced solicitor to make their mark and make a huge difference to the business from day one.
There are two key subsidiaries within the company: a successful technology / software engineering business, which delivers impressive IT projects to a range of private and public sector clients and a resourcing business, which supplies the right IT experience for the right project.
This is a varied role which will involve the following:
- The modification and overhaul of some contracts as well as creation of new contracts to support both businesses
- Advising on the legal and commercial interaction between the two businesses and how they collaborate on projects
- Advising the business on risks, governance and take a commercial view on risk/reward.
- Advising on various agreements and commercial contracts –T&Cs, master service contracts, statements of work and flow downs.
- Advising in relation to IR35 and some contractor / employment law matters
This is an investment hire for the business and you will work closely with the Board and Senior Management as well as Sales Directors, HR, Managing Directors, Compliance, Delivery and Operations teams.
Personality wise, someone who is pro-active and robust is required. You are likely to have several years’ broad, in-house experience and be ready to make your mark!
Whilst IT sector and/or Employment law experience is highly desirable it is not an absolute pre-requisite for the right individual. You must have the ability to quickly get to grips with legal and commercial issues and think on your feet.
Competitive package, great flexibility (the exact number of hours / days can be tailored to suit the needs of the business as well as the individual) and an interesting career opportunity for someone ready to step into a sole in-house Legal Counsel role.
Our client is flexible on PQE as commercial experience and outlook are more important than a minimum number of years since qualification but we expect someone with above 4/5 years PQE would suit.