Knowledge Lawyer – Employment
Knowledge Lawyer – Employment
Exciting new role in online intelligence service
FromCounsel, a leading online legal intelligence service for law firms and in-house lawyers, is looking for a senior Employment lawyer to join its Content Team on either a full-time or part-time basis.
Developed by leading barristers from Erskine Chambers and a team of experienced professional support lawyers from City law firms, FromCounsel provides a wealth of practical, in-depth, ready-made answers to the crucial questions facing practitioners in their day-to-day work. Our aim is to make our legal content more comprehensive, more insightful, more accessible, more searchable and more sharable than anyone else in the market. With well over 100 subscribers including leading law firms (from the magic circle to regional teams) and in-house legal functions, we are now expanding our corporate service into other areas, including Employment law.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to join this dynamic online company in a newly created role at an exciting phase of our ongoing development and to play a part in the growth of a ground-breaking legal information service. The successful candidate will be instrumental in developing and building out our content service into a new area of law for us, alongside expert barristers from leading chambers, our talented team of experienced in-house knowledge lawyers and our excellent legal editorial team.
Reporting to the Head of Content, you will be responsible for writing, reviewing and editing first class informative content for FromCounsel’s new Employment Law service and the for the day-to-day running of the service. This is a varied and interesting role with significant scope to input into the development of the service from its inception and its interaction with other content streams.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Scoping, writing, reviewing and editing top quality content for the Employment Law service, consistently applying FromCounsel’s unique approach and style
- Developing the service, over time, with new topics, precedents, legislation, practical resources and news commentary/analysis
- Co-ordinating and working in close collaboration with barristers, colleagues, editors and external experts and specialists
- Working with the Head of Content on project plans and schedules and reporting monthly on progress
- Supporting customer engagement, including by responding to subscribers’ queries and assessing customer needs
- Maintaining and developing own expertise, keeping up to date with legal and market developments and researching sources to identify matters relevant to subscribers
- Liaising with our Development Team on technical solutions and enhancements to our site for the service
This role is open to both existing PSLs and fee-earners looking to move to their first PSL role. Together with strong technical employment law knowledge, the ideal candidate will have at least 5 years PQE and broad experience within the employment team of a UK law firm.
A demonstrable aptitude for writing high quality legal copy in an engaging and accessible way, and a genuine interest in communicating legal developments to other lawyers, is essential. Candidates should be focused, efficient and confident in working on their own initiative to deadlines. At the same time, they should enjoy working as part of a team, collaborating with other PSLs and barristers to ensure content meets FromCounsel’s premium standards.
We are looking for:
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- A keen interest in contributing to an innovative product and delivering an exceptional, market-leading service
- Excellent organisational skills and inter-personal skills
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment and to react quickly to developments
- A desire to learn new aspects of wider subject matter relevant to the FromCounsel product and an ability to pick up new concepts quickly
This role is based at our central London office with flexibility for remote working. Both full and part-time applicants will be considered. Salary is dependent on experience.
If you are interested in finding out more about, or in applying for, this exciting opportunity, please send your CV, together with a covering letter setting out the background to your application, to email@example.com, quoting reference ‘FC PSL – EMP’.
FromCounsel is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK without any restrictions.
Apply for Knowledge Lawyer – Employment
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly