Kennedys is looking for an Associate or Senior Associate to work in the Financial and Political Risks team, based in London. The role will include handling high value coverage disputes for financial institutions, directors and officers (D&O), political risks and crime coverage, as well as offering clear written advice to our clients.
Kennedys Financial and Political Risks team handle a vast range of insurance disputes and litigation, with a particular focus on Financial Institutions, Directors & Officers Insurance, and Political Risks and Crime coverage. Our clients include general insurers and reinsurers, global composites, Lloyd's syndicates, self-insured PLCs and self-insuring government bodies.
- General insurers and reinsurers
- Lloyds syndicates
- Self-insured government bodies
- Global composites
- Self-insured PLCs.
- High value coverage disputes for financial institutions
- Political risks and crime coverage
- Directors and Officers insurance.
- 2+ years' UK Qualified Solicitor or CILEX qualified with the relevant experience*
- Experience of coverage insurance litigation
- Arbitration experience
- Financial Institutions, D&O, Political risks and Crime coverage experience is preferable, not essential.
- Advisory experience - providing clear, concise advice to clients.
- Matching pension scheme
- Fitness and wellness benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Corporate GP
- Life insurance and Income protection
- 35 hour working week
- Excellent resources via our online Learning Management System
As soon as you join Kennedys you’ll be given opportunity to build your own personal client relationships, and we encourage you to do so. We value the relationships we build with our clients and we know that they appreciate our warm, friendly, human approach. We place emphasis on offering a transparent career path. Our partner and senior associate promotion process and criteria are clearly communicated throughout the firm. We are proud that many of our partners, including our Senior Partner, began their life in law as trainees with us.