Unique opportunity for strong M&A lawyer (5+ yrs.) in successful, rapidly growing Investment Bank
A rare and exciting opportunity has come up to join one of the leading global boutiques with expertise in investment banking (IB), investment management and private wealth management as they experience a period of sustained and significant growth.
With a strong, reputable and long-standing presence in US, our client’s IB arm is doing incredibly well and rapidly growing in the UK and Europe. In line with this growth, we are now looking for a lawyer with strong M&A experience to support the investment bankers.
This will be the first legal hire for the IB arm in UK & Europe based in London. This sort of role is few and far between and offers the right candidate the opportunity to really make their mark across the global organisation and carve out their position, yet still offering plenty of room to take on greater responsibility and expand in the role in years to come.
What technical skill sets are we looking for?
- 5 years+ experience in private M&A and/or public M&A (to date the deal flow has predominantly been private M&A focused across a variety of sectors and regions within UK & Europe);
- A deep understanding of the mechanics and issues relating to M&A and other corporate transactions across the UK & European markets;
- In-house experience from another IB or financial services organisation.
Our client’s working environment and culture is of the utmost importance to them. They work with integrity and collaboratively and make decisions with the best interests of their employees and clients at the forefront of their minds – these core principles underpin all that they do. We are therefore looking for a lawyer who:
- thrives working in a team-based environment;
- has a pragmatic and commercially orientated approach;
- enjoys a fast-paced environment;
- has excellent interpersonal skills to be able to work closely with the investment bankers on a day-to-day basis, gaining a real understanding of their business in order to advise them in the best possible way, whilst winning their trust and confidence.
You will report to the Deputy General Counsel based in US who will come over on a regular basis to help this person settle in and offer excellent guidance.
Their WFH/office policy is still being formulated but the role will involve a mix of both.
For more information, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org 07900 692209
email@example.com 07944 390723
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only respond to those we deem suitable for the role.