In-House Legal Counsel, Data Protection (2-4 PQE) - Media Multinational
In-House Legal Counsel, Data Protection (2-4 PQE) - Media Multinational - London + WFH
We are working with a multinational media and communications company with a presence in over 140 countries, who is seeking to hire a talented legal counsel with a focus on data protection to join their highly respected UK team of 12 lawyers.
This would be a great role for a lawyer early in their career offering excellent combination of support and development.
You will sit within the international commercial team and will focus on data protection matters + some generalist commercial legal work. The role involves closely supporting the commercial teams and working with senior level stakeholders within the business.
- become the business partner for the business acting at the cutting edge of the media industry
- provide legal and strategic data protection advice to stakeholders at various levels of the organisation
- act as an escalation point for other members of the legal team on matters to do with privacy
- collaborate effectively with teams across the business globally including regional and local legal teams, to help implement and improve the global data protection program
- monitor and respond to developments in data protection and information security, including new laws, regulations, key judgements, regulatory guidance
- partner with senior leaders and commercial stakeholders to embed privacy protections into new and existing products, as well as advise on minimising operational privacy risks
- advise on and negotiate data protection issues within commercial contracts.
- 2-4 PQE lawyer / legal counsel
- Interest in data protection and privacy
- Ability to handle multiple projects, take initiative and on be proactive in addressing new matters or challenges
- Great communication skills, commercial acumen collaborative mindset
- ability to build relationships of trust with in-house stakeholders across legal and commercial teams
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- Competitive package (base salary + bonus + benefits)
- Professional and personal development and training within a well-structured multinational organisation
- Excellent name on your CV
- Being part of working with global household names, brands and retailers and seeing the results of your work in your everyday life (on TV, online, at events etc)
- Being part of a highly collegiate dynamic and friendly legal team, with a fantastic supportive hiring manager
- Flexible working and excellent work-life balance
Please apply below or via the Found Legal website.
Your contact for this role is Mila Read, in-house tech legal recruiter and Director at Found Legal. The recruitment process is fast and efficient. I work closely with the hiring team and will be best position you for this exciting opportunity.
Follow Mila Read on LinkedIn for exciting career opportunities in tech, media and communications.