In-House Legal Counsel (3-7 PQE) - Kent
In House Legal Counsel (UK and International work) - Remote or Kent
A well-established technology and e-commerce company is looking to hire their second Legal Counsel to report directly to General Counsel.
- 3-7 PQE either in-house or in private practice (more junior and more senior candidates will be considered)
- Experience with commercial contracts
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
The business is a leading provider of digital solutions, SaaS and marketing services within their niche, a UK company operating internationally whose technology, platform and services are used by major household names throughout the UK, the Americas, Europe, APAC, MENA, the Far East, and Australia.
WORK-LIFE BALANCE AND FLEXIBILITY
You will work in a dynamic and innovative environment. The GC values and promotes work-life balance. There is a lot of flexibility about starting / finishing hours etc. This is a full time role but part-time will be considered for the right candidate.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role was created as a result of continuous business growth. This is an excellent opportunity for a lawyer to work with a highly experienced General Counsel who previously worked for a top 10 AmLaw firm.
The GC is a caring, personable and supportive individual, who gives a lot of room to grow, develop, take responsibility and work autonomously.
In this broad role you will work collaboratively with the commercial and tech teams to help facilitate the business’ growth in the UK and internationally.
Responsibilities include providing practical advice and assistance across a range of legal matters including commercial contracts, data privacy, M&A, international matters and advising product development teams.
- become the business partner for the business
- build relationships with key stakeholders within the business and support contracts drafting and negotiations in close collaboration with the commercial team (including SaaS agreements)
- provide support on the technology and data aspects of commercial agreements across a variety of areas
- develop and deliver training and legal risk management initiatives
- advise on compliance with data privacy and GDPR regulations
- help the business develop software products in compliance with applicable laws
- assist with M&A activity
- advise the group’s international subsidiaries
- 3-7 PQE commercial lawyer (more senior and more junior candidates will be considered)
- exposure to and / or interest in technology would be an advantage
- ability to handle multiple projects, take initiative and on be proactive in addressing new matters or challenges
- great communication skills, commercial acumen collaborative mindset
- ability to build relationships of trust with in-house stakeholders across legal and commercial teams
Technology sector experience would be beneficial, but is not strictly required. If you are a 3-7 PQE solicitor or legal counsel with commercial contracts experience, please get in touch.
If you haven’t worked for a technology company before, this is a perfect opportunity to kick off your career in tech as you will receive a lot of training and support from a world class technology lawyer.
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working and excellent work-life balance
- Professional development supported by a world class technology lawyer
- Being part of a highly collegiate legal team, with a fantastic supportive hiring manager
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Generous annual holidays allowance
The role can be performed mostly remotely, however visits to the office in Kent will be required in the first few weeks to learn about the business and for initial induction. The business has another office in Southampton where you can work if preferred.
Please apply below or via the Found Legal website.
Your contact for this role is Mila Read, in-house tech legal recruiter and Director at Found Legal. The recruitment process is fast and efficient. I work closely with the GC and will be able to best position you for this great opportunity.
Follow Mila Read on LinkedIn for in-house legal opportunities within tech and media across the UK, Europe and the Middle East.