Tech/Data Commercial Disputes - London - 2-5 PQE
A very popular international firm with a client base biased towards the technology, life sciences, and media industries has instructed us to help them find a mid-level (ideally 2-5 PQE) commercial litigation lawyer, ideally with some experience of acting on IT, Data Protection, franchise and/or IP disputes (hard and soft).
This role will involve two core components: substantial disputes arising out of IT and telecommunications contracts; and high profile data protection disputes and related cybersecurity matters. You'll act for major IT suppliers, disruptive tech businesses, leading UK telecommunications operators, and household name global brands in the retail and hospitality sectors.
This hire will be the first (and only) Associate purely dedicated to this work, and as such represents a rare opportunity to specialise in this in-demand and fast growing area.
In order to be considered for this role you will:
- Be a qualified solicitor probably with two to five years' PQE (candidates outside this range will be considered);
- Have gained high quality post-qualification experience in commercial disputes ideally from a City or international firm (relevant Tech/Data Protection/IP disputes experience would be highly regarded but are not required, however, more important is interest in relevant sectors such as media, telecommunications, technology, and how companies communicate across the digital landscape);
- Have good legal skills including attention to detail in drafting and a genuine interest in the needs of the client;
- Have a strong academic background;
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and strong problem-solving skills;
- Maintain enthusiasm, motivation and commitment to building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
This is a rare position within a very highly regarded team at a firm which is going places and known for its strengths in supplying legal support to IP and data rich clients. For further information or to discuss please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call David on +44 (0)7860774391.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com