Legal Counsel - Compliance
Are you looking for a different way to work? Fancy building up your portfolio of experience through working in a variety of markets and businesses, without being tied down to one organisation?
Obelisk Support is the home of flexible legal work. We believe that the changing world of work means that everyone should be able to work the way that suits them best. We connect talented and driven individuals to great projects, delivering legal services to some of the world’s leading companies and firms.
We are seeing a growing number of requests from clients seeking interim compliance professionals or qualified lawyers with experience in governance, compliance and risk. We have opportunities for you if you are interested in working with leading in-house legal teams on a consultant basis - either full, part-time or ad hoc.
Strong technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Providing legal advice in the areas of data protection, anti-bribery & corruption, international sanctions and money laundering
- Performing internal investigations
- Conducting risk assessments and reporting on key risks
- Governance and Internal audit
- Compliance management – ensuring group policies and procedures are correctly drafted and implemented
You will need to be qualified in England & Wales with recent in-house experience.
You will be available to work between one and five days a week, either at our clients’ offices (should restrictions allow) or remotely, and be able to start a role immediately or within the next few months. A right to work and reside in the UK is essential.
Join the Obelisk Support network and benefit from:
- Outstanding access to projects with leading in-house teams - no need to bring clients with you or generate your own business
- One-on-one support to help you secure the projects you are interested in
- Control over how you want to work, combining your professional goals with your personal priorities
- Feedback after every assignment to help you develop your skills as you build your portfolio of experience
- Being part of a business with a purpose. We’ve led the way in the legal industry with our advocacy for diversity and are the founding sponsor of the Next Hundred Years project.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV using the ‘Apply’ button and we’ll be in touch.
If you would like to know more about some of these opportunities and explore your options for legal consulting, then please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an initial, confidential chat with one of our team.
Obelisk is committed to equal opportunities and to building a diverse and inclusive community of consultants. We will make reasonable adjustments to our application process to support you as you need, please email us and let us know how we can help.