CORPORATE (JERSEY) (SENIOR COUNSEL) (8 - 15 PQE)
An excellent opportunity for an ambitious and technically strong lawyer to join this highly-regarded offshore firm's global Investment Funds and Corporate business and play a key role in helping to build out its Channel Islands' practice so as to become the leading practice in the region. This hire is being effected with a view to the successful candidate being of the necessary calibre to be considered for progression to partnership in the near to medium term. You will need to have gained at least 8 years' high quality corporate or investment funds experience at a major national or international firm in the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong or Singapore. The role will involve:
- Proactively assisting in the expansion and growth of the Jersey office's practice, working alongside the Jersey, Guernsey, Irish, London, Caribbean, Asian and Middle Eastern parts of the firm's IFC practice. This will involve becoming engaged in, and (in time) leading the implementation of, cross-border initiatives aimed at ensuring the Firm leverages its Channel Islands business across the global business.
- Proactively assisting in developing and expanding client relationships important to the firm’s success and at the same time becoming a valued resource to clients. This will involve taking ownership of the development of relationships with core clients.
- Participating in the development of the practice’s know-how, sharing knowledge and actively participating in conferences, seminars and internal training.
- Providing technically sound advice and highly responsive service to clients, and supporting colleagues and partners on all client matters.
- Maintaining a sustained record of revenue generation and profitability; following recommended billing rates; managing costs appropriately; ensuring personal utilisation meets expectations; and
- Adhering to the firm's values and professional ethics and proactively seeking resolution of conflicts.
Winchester Search is a boutique independent search and selection firm serving the offshore, Asian, Australian and London markets. Simon Scott, head of our offshore practice, is a Cambridge University law graduate and former employment lawyer who has worked in legal recruitment since 1996 and specialised exclusively in the offshore market since 2009, including living and working as a legal recruiter in Grand Cayman for almost five years. With over a decade's experience of the offshore market behind him, he has forged strong relationships with Managing Partners, heads of department and senior HR personnel at all the major offshore firms.
Please note that we are only able to respond to applicants who satisfy the criteria set out in the job spec above and whom we believe will be of interest to our clients.