Legal Claims Officer – Remote Opportunity
FTSE100 business seeks a Legal Officer for initially a 4 month contract to cover a maternity leave. In this fast-paced environment you will be responsible for consumer and business claims against the company, investigating and determining liability, negotiating settlements and will oversee all stages of legal proceedings.
- Investigate liability, determine quantum, and negotiate settlement of all third-party claims
- Conduct and complete all stages of legal proceedings including preparation of pleadings, discovery of documents, preparing witness statements, instructing expert witnesses, undertaking advocacy where appropriate, briefing Counsel and preparing for trial
- Extensive liaison with the business, customers, the courts, and advisers
- Ensure the recovery of money due to the Company including insurers and other organisations legally compelled to contribute to claim costs
- Ensure full indemnity is received by the Company in respect of all claims submitted under the Company's external insurance programme
- Maintain the computer database relating to own caseload, including the review and maintenance of accurate claims reserves and risk management information
- Assist the Claims Manager in providing Project Managers with estimates of the financial and public relations implications of undertaking various engineering solutions arising out of the Capital Programme
We are looking for:
- CILEX qualified (Chartered Institute of Legal Executives) or equivalent qualification or paralegal experienced in handling claims in lieu of qualification (ideally 2 years’ experience)
- Strong understanding of legal processes and governance
- Good knowledge of pre-action protocols and the Civil Procedure Rules
- Computer literate
- A customer focused, disciplined and well organised approach together with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of PL / EL Claims portal would be advantageous
This is a home based role but you will need to train for 2 days in the office.
If you are interested in this Legal Claims Officer position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Freya Stenner. f the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.