Corporate Finance Lawyer (Mid-Level) - South West UK
Our client is looking for a mid-level Corporate finance lawyer to join their successful 3 partner South West team. This top 100 UK firm is well respected, with the corporate team having delivered year on year growth. The team advised on over 40 regional M&A transactions during the last year, with an aggregate deal value exceeding £200m. Ideally mid-level, you will have the passion to business develop and help nurture and grow accounts. This is a regional role, so if you are looking to escape the city, please do get in touch to hear more about the opportunity.
Duties will include:
- Manage a caseload of files, dealing effectively with cases and transactions
- Build credibility with clients and develops own client relationships through managing client expectations regarding options, outcomes, risk and timescales.
- Scope fees for existing clients
- Develop market and sector knowledge and demonstrate expertise to clients
- Grow internal and external networks of clients, intermediaries and contacts
- Build on personal and department profile and reputation by attending networking events, writing publications/ marketing materials and speaking at seminars
- Support juniors in the team by giving technical, business and general advice
- Support with budgetary management of client matters
- Begin to develop a network of own clients, contacts and potential referrers.
- Spot opportunities to cross sell and build an internal network within the firm for cross referred work.
- Continue to develop and learn in chosen areas of expertise, maintaining an up-to-date understanding of relevant law, policy and practice.
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Qualified Solicitor or CILEx of 5+ PQE
- Experience of M&A and Corporate restructuring matters essential
- Ideally already operating at a minimum of Associate level
- Demonstrable ability to supervise more junior team members
Zoe Head-Rapson I Director
T: +44 797 107 1812