Compliance Officer – Part Time
International manufacturing business and recognised brand seeks a Legal & Compliance Officer. This role will be part-time for 25 hours per week.
Reporting to the CFO this role will take responsible for compliance matters within the UK and will:
- Monitor compliance programs already in place and implement new programs where required, with a key focus on Brexit impacts and consequences.
- Ensuring group policies and procedures are correctly drafted and implemented in the UK.
- Ensuring compliance reports are collated, analysed, and submitted.
- Auditing internal functions of the UK business to ensure compliance with data retention, data protection, anti-corruption policies and procedures and identification of follow up recommendations to improve internal control systems.
- Handling compliance initiatives in areas such as privacy, Gender Pay Gap, Modern Slavery, Payment Practice, Tax Evasion, etc.
- Work with external colleagues to understand compliance requirements and the impact and interpretation into UK law, along with the analysis of compliance risks and mitigation measures.
- Organisation and delivery of any compliance training and awareness sessions.
We are looking for:
- You will be a compliance professional or qualified lawyer with a good level of experience in legal compliance and sustainable reporting.
- Degree level - in Law or Economics would be preferred.
- In-house experience is a benefit.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to build relationships is key.
- Customer interfacing experience.
- Pragmatic approach with enthusiasm to manage a varied caseload.
- Flexible approach to work and able to work within a busy environment.
- Ability to organise workload and be self-motivated to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Italian language skills would be a benefit but not essential.
- £45,000 – 50,000 (pro rota down for part time)
- Pension scheme
- Eligible for two bonus schemes
- 33 days holiday pa (inclusive of bank holidays and based on working 5 days per week)
- Extensive employee discount scheme
If you are interested in this Compliance Officer position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch on 01539 446666.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Compliance Officer – Part Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly