In-House Legal & Company Secretary - London - 5+ PQE
Our client operates in Africa and the UK and is listed on the London Stock Exchange, providing world-class, independent, and sustainable resources to the renewables sector.
To support the company with its ongoing operations and strategies, the business is looking for Legal Counsel & Company Secretary to join the team. Plc experience is essential.
You will have previous experience working in both a legal and company secretary function for a plc and particularly, previous experience associated with the varied responsibilities as outlined below:
- Take a commercial approach and provide practical and strategic advice to the Board of Directors and senior management on a wide variety of commercial legal matters.
- Be the lead contact and deal with on day to day basis, all legal and company secretary matters.
- Providing company secretarial support to the Board and Committees, including preparation of board packs, drafting agendas, attending meetings, and taking minutes.
- Compliance with listing rules, regulations, company law and corporate governance guidelines.
- Compliance with relevant Authorities.
- Providing a range of support and oversight of licenses, any regulatory requirements and share scheme administration.
- Manage any requests for the Non-Executive Directors of the plc.
- Oversight of statutory compliance work (accounts filing, confirmation statements, maintenance of registers etc).
- Oversight of technical work including share allotments; shareholder meetings; formations; dividends and Articles changes.
- Liaising with third parties undertaking ancillary services such as Companies House.
- Produce Annual Report and accounts and management of the AGM to include working with Auditors if required.
- Establish corporate governance and corporate policies whilst minimising legal and compliance risk.
- Be a Lawyer (essential) with good knowledge of the Companies Act, UK Corporate Governance Code and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Be qualified in England & Wales or in another Commonwealth Law jurisdiction with the requisite UK experience in legal and the company secretary function.
- Have a minimum of 5+ years' experience working in a UK listed company.
- Be a strong communicator, organised and have project management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and at times under pressure.
- Be of good standing and able to influence people at all levels including external stakeholders and Board Directors.
- Be adept at dealing with a high level of responsibility and autonomy as this role will work as part of the London operations as well as support operations and executives located in South Africa.
- Be willing to educate, share information and train others in the business across the legal and company secretary function.
- Be able to work across different workstreams.
- Be a problem-solver and apply strategic thinking.
- Willingly suggest and innovate best governance practices and develop systems and programmes for an LSE.
This position supports remote working with the flexibility to travel to offices located outside of London as required (approximately 2 days a month).
Salary + share incentives + other benefits will be offered. This position is a full-time permanent position.
To apply contact Donna Rosenberg of Jameson Legal at email@example.com. All applications and conversations are strictly private and confidential.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com