Solicitor up to 15 YRS PQE Healthcare Inquests and Regulatory
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2021 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
The Regulatory Department is very diverse, offering a broad range of expert advice to healthcare professionals facing possible criminal and professional regulatory sanctions, Trusts and organisations on issues such as best interest decisions to DPA requests and inquests, as well as organisations and individuals facing Health & Safety, criminal and other regulatory prosecutions.
We are currently recruiting for an up to 15YR PQE Associate or Principal Associate to join our Regulatory team in London.
To advise on and manage a caseload of general healthcare regulatory matters such as complaints, investigations etc, and assist with and represent clients in inquests.
- Advise on and manage own caseload of healthcare regulatory matters and inquests
- Assist other case handlers with their similar caseloads
- Liaise with various parties such as medical/dental defence organisations, professional bodies and individual healthcare practitioners etc
- Support and develop more junior members of the team
- Adhere to client protocols
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KPIS are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with Weightmans’ values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
- Qualified solicitor or barrister
- Expertise in healthcare regulatory\inquests work
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Flexible approach
- Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
- The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
- We're committed to diversity and inclusion and to creating an environment where everyone can reach their full potential