Netting & Credit Risk Mitigation Lawyer
A leading Bank is looking to appoint a Lawyer to specialise in Netting and Credit Risk Mitigation in London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leader and make a valuable contribution to the successful functioning of the legal team.
You will be responsible for managing and recording the basis of their reliance on various types of legal opinions (close-out netting, bankruptcy remoteness, accounting balance sheet netting) across the various permutations of trading agreements, governing laws, counterparty types, and counterparty jurisdictions applicable to their trading relationships.
Duties will include:
- Running the periodic netting review process for industry association and procured legal opinions.
- Obtaining new netting or bankruptcy remoteness legal opinions from external counsel or refreshing existing netting or bankruptcy remoteness legal opinions
- Managing escalations of complex issues
- Assisting with queries from the various Markets businesses and the Resource Management Group regarding the scope of the legal opinions.
- Acting as strategic partner and advisor to RMG and other business and infrastructure partners on the legal, regulatory, and reputational impact of regulatory change and implementation.
- Providing technical legal analysis in relation to RMG which feeds directly into contract negotiations with clients and informs decision making in relation to client relationship and transactional matters and, where relevant, creates commercial advantages. Drafting, amending and/or reviewing and advising on transaction documents.
- Potential opportunity to engage in broader (non-netting) Markets transactional or project coverage as capacity and expertise allows
You will be a Commonwealth or US qualified Lawyer with demonstrable experience with derivatives and/or bankruptcy/insolvency legal experience gained in either private practice or in-house. You will have some experience of derivative and securities financing master trading agreements and/or bankruptcy/insolvency law and associated legal opinions. You will have significant experience of US, UK and EU legislation with respect to regulatory capital and leverage standards, and account standards, applicable to UK investment banks would be helpful but is not a pre-requisite.
It is essential to be able to demonstrate a pragmatic solutions-based counsel and strong relationship building skills combined with excellent communication skills. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with a degree of independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture. You must have the flexibility and drive to support a multidisciplinary team with a solutions-based attitude.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Apply for Netting & Credit Risk Mitigation Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly