IP/ Commercial Legal Senior Legal Counsel: Sports Brand
Commercial IP Counsel
Brand name in the sports sector is looking to appoint a Commercial/IP Lawyer - one of 2 new legal recruits into what will be a brilliant 3 lawyer and DP team.
The role will be extremely varied and will encompass advice across the business on commercial and sponsorship contracts, IT/IP, e-commerce and digital, counterfeit, litigation and data protection queries as well as managing the trademark portfolio.
Commercial role with a brand and IP focus
Areas of Responsibility
* Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts (including terms and conditions, distribution agreements, consultancy agreements, supply/purchase agreements, agency agreements, franchise/international development agreements and arrangements with third party e-commerce partners)
* Advising on terminations/renewals of commercial agreements
* Advising on sales and marketing, promotions and competitions
* Advising on IP issues and dealing with IP infringements.
* Managing the trademark portfolio and counterfeit management regime
Key skills & Experience
· Be qualified as a solicitor in English law, with c5 years pqe experience
· Have significant experience within a top city law firm or as an in house lawyer for high growth company
· Display experience in broad range of business law areas
· Be passionate about fast moving consumer-led businesses
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.