Global Head of Litigation
Award winning household name business is seeking a Legal Manager for their Product Litigation team initially on a 12 months fixed term contract to cover a maternity leave. Reporting to the Director of IP you will take responsibility for the team which advises the business on product litigation, marketing claims and regulatory matters. This is a global role with a particular emphasis on locations including UK, Europe, US and Asia.
- The focus of the role is managing a team of lawyers – coaching, inspiring, empowering, developing and training
- Supporting strategic direction as part of the senior leadership team, setting strategic goals and driving through progress
- Overseeing the team’s commercial legal advice in relation to product liability/safety, marketing and advertising challenges and investigations
- Collaborating with IP
- Managing outside counsel
- Setting and managing the team budget
We are looking for:
- UK qualified lawyer with at least 5 years* post qualification experience in commercial litigation
- Preferrable in-house experience in a global organisation
- Multi-jurisdictional experience preferred
- Good understanding of product regulatory and liability preferred
- Knowledge of advertising law principles a benefit but not essential
- Strategic exposure, preferably from working as part of a senior leadership team
- Interest in technology, design and engineering
- Ability to undertake legal risk assessments and provide a recommended strategy
- Proven people management experience within a high-performance culture is essential
- Significant experience of managing outside counsel
- Budget management experience
- Proficient at working independently in a fast-paced and exciting environment
- Ability to interact with the business at all levels from CE down and to assist with key business decisions
Package on Offer:
- Attractive base salary
- Competitive pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced annual leave
- Product discounts
Our client will consider flexible working including home working for candidates who are also prepared to travel to the office 2-3 days a week.
If you are interested in this Legal Manager position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.