In-House Legal Counsel (2-3 PQE) - Media Multinational
In-House Legal Counsel (2-3 PQE) - Media Multinational - WFH / London
We are working with a multinational media and communications company with a presence in over 140 countries, who is seeking to hire a talented legal counsel with 2-3 years PQE to join their highly respected UK team of 12 lawyers.
This would be a great first in-house role for a lawyer early in their career offering excellent combination of support and development.
You will sit within the international commercial team and will focus on commercial, technology, media and data matters. This is a highly varied commercial role which involves closely supporting the commercial teams and working with senior level stakeholders within the business.
- become the business partner for the business acting at the cutting edge of the media industry
- build relationships with key stakeholders within the business and support client negotiations in close collaboration with the commercial team
- negotiate and advise on commercial contracts and agreements
- provide legal and strategic data protection advice to stakeholders at various levels of the organisation
- act as an escalation point for other members of the legal team on matters to do with privacy
- collaborate effectively with teams across the business globally including regional and local legal teams, to help implement and improve the global data protection program
- monitor and respond to developments in data protection and information security, including new laws, regulations, key judgements, regulatory guidance
- partner with senior leaders and commercial stakeholders to embed privacy protections into new and existing products, as well as advise on minimising operational privacy risks
- advise on and negotiate data protection issues within commercial contracts.
- 2-3 PQE lawyer with interest or experience in data protection and commercial contracts
- Exposure to and / or interest in media, advertising and technology would be an advantage
- Ability to handle multiple projects, take initiative and on be proactive in addressing new matters or challenges
- Great communication skills, commercial acumen collaborative mindset
- ability to build relationships of trust with in-house stakeholders across legal and commercial teams
Currently the team is working from home; once back to normal they expect office presence of 2 days a week in London (with 3 days working from home).
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- Competitive package (base salary + bonus + benefits)
- Professional and personal development and training within a well-structured multinational organisation
- Excellent name on your CV
- Being part of working with global household names, brands and retailers and seeing the results of your work in your everyday life (on TV, online, at events etc)
- Being part of a highly collegiate dynamic and friendly legal team, with a fantastic supportive hiring manager
- Flexible working and excellent work-life balance
Please apply below or via the Found Legal website.
Your contact for this role is Mila Read, in-house tech legal recruiter and Director at Found Legal. The recruitment process is fast and efficient. I work closely with the hiring team and will be best position you for this exciting opportunity.
Apply for In-House Legal Counsel (2-3 PQE) - Media Multinational
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly