Commercial NQ-3pqe - Oxfordshire
3 days left
- Experience Level
- Junior Level
A cutting edge industrial engineering group that exports a large proportion of the high value products that it produces, is seeking a new lawyer for a key division. Working directly with sales and reporting to the FD with dotted line to the General Counsel, this is an outstanding opportunity to part of rapidly growing business. This is an excellent first move in-house or offers an excellent opportunity to move from another in-house role. This is a company with an engaging culture and whilst it will be office based; there will be flexibility around childcare and 4 days a week options will be equally considered for candidates looking for that option.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts and provide general legal and commercial advice for the Business Unit, with support from the Group Legal team as needed, including but not limited to:
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts for the sale of goods and services (using either the company's standard terms or those received from customers), coordinating with the Sales, Service, and/or Finance functions as required.
- Assist the Sales function with responding to tenders within the specified deadlines and work closely with the order administration teams to conclude sales paperwork and contracts for orders for goods and services in a timely fashion.
- Complete risk assessments on contracts for the sale of goods and services and ensure that all required approvals are obtained prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
- Draft, review and negotiate general non-sales contracts such as: NDAs; material transfer agreements; agency and distributor agreements; consultancy agreements; studentship and collaboration agreements.
- Support the Group Legal team with ad-hoc matters such as: drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for the purchase of goods, services and software from suppliers; preparing memorandums of understanding; drafting variation, termination and/or novation agreements; general research; ensuring adherence to statutory compliance requirements; and assisting with the preparation of other general commercial agreements as required.
- Manage the process for conducting due diligence on potential and existing intermediaries (e.g. agents, distributors, resellers and/or dealers).
- Ensure standard terms and conditions for sale and purchase are incorporated into agreements with customers and suppliers as often as possible (ensuring the correct use of 'battle of the forms' where appropriate).
- Assist in developing and maintaining template standard documents.
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Commercial NQ-3pqe - Oxfordshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly