Legal Counsel - Regulatory
Our client, a multinational gaming company, is looking for a Regulatory Legal Counsel to join their growing team in London.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Legal and will not only lead on legal matters but also engage and provide support on regulatory issues with a view to acquiring successful outcomes. The areas of legal work will involve litigious and non-litigious matters and will involve working with external lawyers and government affairs consultancies/ trade associations.
Junior-mid level - all applications will be considered on merit;
Experience in regulatory law (e.g. competition/antitrust, financial services, administrative law or others); Experience in these areas can be contentious or non-contentious, as well as from private practice and/or in-house;
Experience in dealing with regulators (either in an in-house role or in private practice) in any of the following industries: gambling, telecoms, utilities, transport, media, alcohol, tobacco or others.
Experience on working with cross-border issues is advantageous (again, this experience can be either contentious or non-contentious);
Interest in gambling law, policy and international perspectives on the industry;
Training and post-qualification experience at reputable law firms; and
A strong and consistent academic record.
* Advise the business on legal and regulatory issues surrounding structuring of new and existing products, and the marketing of them
* Be an integral part of product and commercial teams; working with them to help design and deliver compliant solutions
* Help structure and manage regulatory expectations, requirements and applications
* Assisting other functions in drafting, planning and/or implementing compliance policies and procedures for regulatory matters for these products
* Proactively engage and work alongside local regulators across multiple countries
* Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you'll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
If this role is of interest, please get in touch with Clarissa Campbell - email@example.com.