Part-Time (3-4 days) Legal Counsel – Cutting Edge Business
Our client is a cutting-edge business operating in a market leading position globally, recently undergoing a period of increased investment and expansion of its product offering. Their small, busy legal team is currently seeking a lawyer to work part-time, circa 24 hours. Hours can be split over anything from 3 to 5 days. However, those candidates seeking 4 days will also be considered.
- Advice to the business both in the UK and abroad on a broad range of commercial and contractual topics
- Advise, draft and negotiate bespoke contracts for sale and supply
- Advise on intellectual property matters (particularly patents), collaborations and product launches
- Support compliance and legal governance activities
- Provide legal training to the business
- Further advice on a range of miscellaneous day to day queries
We are looking for:
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with strong experience in commercial contracts (particularly sales and procurement)
- Some knowledge of IP law would be an advantage
- Prior exposure in an international environment would be helpful but not essential
- My client is happy to consider someone who has had some time out from the law and needs to upskill. They offer good support and funding for training and development
- You must be a self-starter with the ability to foster good working relationships and take a pragmatic approach to your work
- You will display strong commercial acumen and be able to think on your feet.
- This is a fast-paced environment where energy, enthusiasm and a robust nature are key.
Package on Offer:
- Attractive base salary
- Competitive pension scheme
- Enhanced annual leave
- Life cover 2x salary
- Local discounts
- Relocation allowance if required
If you are interested in this Part-Time Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.