Rosemont Pharmaceuticals, Leeds
Rosemont Pharmaceuticals has a mission is to be a rapid developer, reliable manufacturer and global supplier of novel-delivery, patient-focused medicines. Set up over 50 years ago, and now undergoing a rapid period of private equity backed expansion, they are currently looking to hire an in house lawyer to play a key role in driving the business forward. This is a very exciting time to join the organisation.
As the first lawyer Rosemont has recruited, you'll have a very broad remit, to set up the legal function and to provide pragmatic solutions-based legal advice across the organisation. As the business continues to expand, both organically and through acquisition you'll handle a variety of commercial and IP matters, and help manage corporate expansion plans with the assistance of external counsel.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements.
- Proactively identify legal risk areas and work with the business to develop risk mitigation solutions including through updating of company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business, including data protection, competition, health and safety and environmental law, anti-bribery, criminal finance and fraud and modern slavery.
- Working on legal aspects of acquisition projects in conjunction with external counsel.
- Designing and delivering legal training to the business.
- Staying up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect the business and pharmaceutical industry, and keep the business briefed.
We anticipate that from a technical perspective the ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor with at least 5 years post qualification experience . This is a highly diverse role and so experience in commercial and corporate law, IP matters, working with sales and procurement functions, cross border and foreign jurisdiction issues, and managing external legal counsel, will all prove very useful. Lawyers with a track record gained in a manufacturing environment could be most suited to this role.
This is a fast paced, fast growing business so you'll need the ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities and tight deadlines. You'll have to be commercially savvy and solutions focussed, with excellent negotiating and drafting skills. Lastly you'll also need exceptional communication skills to communicate complex legal issues and risks in terms that non-legal colleagues can understand.
A strong remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate. For more information please get in touch as soon as possible.
This assignment is being handled by Tom Fleet at BCL Legal on an exclusive basis. Direct and third party applications will be forwarded to him for consideration.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.