Contentious Construction, 2-3 Years’ PQE, Manchester, to £60K Plus Benefits
QC Legal is pleased to present a new opportunity for a contentious construction lawyer. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to work with an international giant. Is this you?
- You will be expected to advise on projects including but not limited to energy, oil and gas, water plans and waste treatment, renewables bridge building and commercial. You should be prepared to advise on high value and complex construction disputes.
- More specifically, you will be expected to cover all aspects of contract drafting and negotiation, transaction due diligence and risk analysis and management.
- You will have experience in all the major standard forms of contract (including JCT, NEC, ICE, FIDIC and IChemE).
- As you will be working for an international law firm, it will be important to understand cross-border construction disputes and particularly, international arbitration as it is often the preferred route. However, you should be familiar with all routes such as dispute review boards etc.
- Lastly, you will be expected to advise clients and explore the wide range of alternative dispute resolution methods before litigation becomes a must.
- You will have 2-3 previous years’ experience in contentious construction at a recognised law firm.
- You will have a strong academic record, having achieved a 2:1 or higher at Undergraduate.
- You will be able to develop and maintain strong long-term relationships with clients.
- You will be technically strong and also maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- You will be a proactive team member and be open to working flexibly with others.
- Our client is a global heavyweight – there will never be a dull day!
- Our client is a strong believer in being a responsible business and offers many initiatives to support that.
- The firm boasts a collaborative, engaging and fast-paced environment in which there is ample room for short and long-term growth.
- Our client offers a generous salary and remuneration package of to £60k plus benefits.
Give us a call?
We aren’t just interested in your CV; we want to speak with you and understand what it is you need. Even if you’re just curious, get in contact.
Please contact Amelia Rose on 07791 345 944 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about our current job opportunities here: https://qclegal.com
QC Legal is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.