Legal Counsel - £75-85k (4 or 5 days/week)
About the Role
Reporting into the General Counsel, the remit will provide you with the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of the company's legal activity including:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial agreements including sales, supply, T&Cs, licenses and partnership agreements
- Supporting the editorial team on social media and video content
- Ensuring GDPR compliance and providing training across the business
- Cross-border legal advice with the company's EMEA region
- Legal advisory work for the product development team
- Corporate law work including M&A and funding rounds
- Other ad-hoc legal matters including employment, IP and company secretarial
The client believes that a qualified lawyer with at least 3 years' PQE will be required for this role, although applications from all levels will be considered on merit. You must have a proven track record of successfully drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial agreements. Previous in-house experience would be helpful although applicants coming straight from private practice are also welcomed.
You must be available to start no later than the end of July, so individuals on three months' notice cannot be considered.
Please note the quoted salary is FTE. For those wanting part-time, it will be pro-rated accordingly.