Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce. We strive to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Our innovative technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and services. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business. Like everyone at Amazon, we are passionate about our customers.
We are looking for a talented Legal Counsel. You will serve as the primary lawyer responsible for advising on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters. You will work directly with business teams, providing day-to-day advice, serving as lead counsel on new strategic matters, innovative programmes and business models, working closely with product compliance teams, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
The role is based in London. Some travel may be required. We are looking for candidates who are innovative, progressive, extremely hands-on, capable of working independently and highly customer-obsessed professionals.
· Exceptional/ Outstanding academic qualifications
· Significant post-qualification legal experience in a leading law firm
· High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness but also a desire to be challenged and think outside the box;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to act as Business Partner to Senior Management;
· Great business judgement especially in ambiguous situations;
· Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment;
· Excellent English language skills including the ability to draft and conclude legal transactions.
· A team player and consensus builder with great people skills and a good sense of humour who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organisation
· Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
· A combination of in house experience at either a technology company or in a private practice technology group
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.