Company Secretary for Reputable Global Asset Manager, 4 days per week
Our client is one of the largest asset management companies in the world with more than 20 investment management affiliates globally. Due to continued growth, we are now looking for a Company Secretary to support the firm’s company secretarial functions primarily in the UK and EU, but may also be required on occasion to provide support to colleagues providing legal and company secretarial services to other Group entities in jurisdictions around the world where appropriate.
This is a permanent role, on a part basis 3 or 4 days per week.
What will the role involve
- Provide company secretarial guidance and support to members of the board of directors to the entities supported;
- Respond to enquiries from board directors including any NEDs, as well as members of the Legal team (e.g., creating board agendas and plans, maintaining board packs and minutes, any board training materials and template documents, working to ensure consistency among the team with regard to board support and materials, monitoring corporate and regulatory developments and local market practices);
- Work closely with senior members of the legal team to ensure the legal team contributes effectively to the success of the firm;
- Ongoing review of processes, procedures, use of technology such as Board solution software (e.g. Diligent), and working relationships with other teams to continually consider whether improvements can be made, efficiencies gained, risks lowered, client satisfaction increased, etc.
- As part of a global legal team, the ability to work closely and coordinate with those in France, Hong Kong and US-based lawyers; and to comprehend multi-jurisdictional matters for a complexly structured organisation.
What technical skill sets are we looking for
- ICSA qualified and at least associate level (ACIS/ACG) or equivalent;
- 5+ years of financial services experience in the global investment management industry with particular expertise in UCITS and AIFM Fund Board company secretarial support;
- Experience of FCA SMCR regime would also be considered advantageous;
- Significant experience of working and professionally managing interactions with independent directors and senior management.
What softer skill sets are we looking for
- Superior interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as build effective relationships across various departments within a large and diverse organisation in an international environment;
- An eye for detail, strong organisational skills and the ability to take responsibility for own workload and self-manage;
- Must be business-focused, with a strong work ethic and the ability to learn both quickly and in depth about subjects that will help the team perform more efficiently and effectively.
- Must be an individual who listens well and who is attuned to multi-cultural differences associated with conducting business internationally.
- Be able to work closely with senior management, outside counsel and representatives of affiliated companies.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and reputable asset manager which is currently enjoying a sustained period of success and growth. In return, the successful candidate will form part of a cohesive and highly regarded legal team, and receive a competitive level of remuneration.
For more information please contact:
Matt Bloxham; firstname.lastname@example.org; 07900 692 209
Celene Yon; email@example.com; 07944 390 723
Due to a high volume of applications we will only respond to those we deem suitable for the role.