Spanish-speaking Commercial/Competition Litigation - London
This dynamic international specialist high-end dispute resolution law firm is looking for an additional mid-senior level Spanish Speaking Associate to assist on a mixture of contentious commercial and competition matters.
The firm specialises in complex disputes, and has particular expertise in competition, financial services, and human rights law. They act almost exclusively for claimants and the client base is diverse, ranging from multinational corporations to SMEs and private individuals.
In this role, the successful candidate will work closely to assist in business development in Spanish speaking countries; and the successful candidate will be comfortable taking an active and autonomous role in local business development opportunities in London, as well as frequent travel to Spanish-speaking countries (when we're allowed!) to meet with clients, referrers and local firms.
The role will involve:
- Taking an active role on a portfolio of cases, contributing to strategic decision-making, as well as the day-to-day running of cases, are central to this role;
- Managing, supervising and assisting in the development of a large team of junior colleagues with varied case-loads as well as coordinating with other senior team-members in London and partners/local counsel in Spain;
- Dealing with claims at the pre-litigation stage, including preparing claim forms and particulars of claim and engaging in pre-action protocol correspondence and dialogues;
- Managing large scale disclosure exercises;
- Contributing to settlement negotiations, at all stages of the litigation; and
- Actively engaging in business development including working up new ideas for claims.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
- Strong academics and a high level of intellectual rigour;
- Training and 4-8 years' proven experience in commercial and/or competition litigation, including the day-to-day running of cases as well as contributing to strategic decision-making;
- Native Spanish language abilities;
- Experience of competition-related disputes is not essential but would be highly regarded;
- First rate drafting skills;
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment;
- Resilience under pressure; and
- The ability to deal with clients in a relaxed and confident manner.
Ideally you will have experience of actions involving multiple claimants and/or defendants (experience of dealing with funders/insurers is also desirable, but again, not essential).
This is an exceptional role within a very highly regarded specialist law firm. To discuss this opportunity please send your CV in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or call David on +44 (0)7860774391 for a confidential discussion.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com