Construction Solicitor - NQ+, Surrey [+ remote working]
New! - our client is a leading Legal 100 firm with an outstanding reputation for construction, engineering, and infrastructure matters. Due to growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Construction NQ to join their team. This Construction, Engineering and Projects Team is a full service team providing transactional advice through to dispute avoidance/resolution advice relating to large scale construction and engineering projects, in the UK and internationally.
The team mainly acts for commercial clients across a wide range of business sectors with a particular emphasis on real estate developers, property investment companies, contractors and major engineering consultancies.
Their core dispute avoidance/resolution services include advising on all forms of dispute resolution (adjudication / arbitration / litigation / mediation / expert determination), giving strategic advice to clients to ensure that their dispute is resolved as cost effectively as possible, whilst maintaining the best possible outcome.
A number of the construction partners and team members have previously worked in-house for major industry names, and so candidates with backgrounds in private practice or industry are equally of interest.
The team has a number of fee-earners and partners highly ranked in the legal directories and the firm are recognised for their collegiate and supportive culture. This position would suit an ambitious individual looking for city quality work with greater flexibility for work-life balance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide legal advice to clients in a succinct, practical and persuasive manner
- Manage a substantial and varied workload efficiently and cost effectively with supervision, appropriate to level of expertise
- Draft documents with minimum instruction and supervision, making use of appropriate precedents
- Apply a commercial approach to research and evaluate relevance and accuracy in delivery of advice
- Identify client opportunities and take appropriate steps to follow through
- Contribute to group knowledge and know-how initiatives
You can expect to advise employers: construction professionals; contractors and sub-contractors which will bring exposure across a broad range of matters and disputes. Business development and marketing activity is encouraged at all levels.
We are seeking:
- An individual who has completed at least one seat in Construction - either contentious or non-contentious, from a leading regional or city firm.
- Preferably, prior knowledge of JCT form contracts, their amendments and market norms.
- A willingness to advise on bespoke and complex agreements, procurement and contracting strategies, funding and financing agreements, contract tendering and frameworks and security documentation including advance payment bonds would be beneficial.
Excellent support and supervision is offered within a collegiate and friendly team environment.
A highly attractive financial package is on offer + benefits
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org