Want to be part of something really exciting? We are transforming the way health and care is delivered. Working with our customers, we are leading the way in the delivery of patient centred, connected, digitally enabled health and care services.
Our customers and partners are using our solutions across a broad range of health and care settings, from GP surgeries and community care to high street pharmacies, hospitals, clinics, not for profit organisations and specialist services. We are committed to developing the next generation of healthcare technology that will truly make a difference.
Your new role
As with any large business, EMIS deal with a range of legal issues on a daily basis, including a range of healthcare sector specific matters such as licensing, mobile health, regulatory and information governance issues. We are active in many different, but related, fields across the digital healthcare sector. As Legal Counsel you will be responsible for providing high quality, timely, relevant and pragmatic legal advice across all EMIS Group companies in order to assist the business in achieving its commercial aims in accordance with best practice and any applicable laws.
Day to day you’ll be drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of agreements (such as software as a service (SaaS) agreements, software licence agreements, sub-contracts, re-seller agreements etc.), as well as supporting the business with any merger, acquisition and/or corporate re-organisation activities and looking at risk management and compliance issues. You will build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders within the business, and provide advice and training to the business in relation to relevant legal, risk and governance topics.
These roles report to EMIS Senior Legal Counsel. In response to the pandemic EMIS has transformed permanently to a modern working style business, therefore this is a homeworking role.
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of relevant experience and legally qualified to practice law in the UK.
- Expertise in contract law, especially commercial contracts, and experience in information governance matters.
- A pragmatic approach and strong commercial acumen in order to balance legal considerations with the need to achieve commercial objectives.
- The ability to assist the business with a range of other legal matters relating to health technology, intellectual property (IP), information governance, procurement and compliance.
- The ability to work well and build relationships with key stakeholders at various levels, and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent contract drafting skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to research and quickly pick up unfamiliar areas of law.
- Fantastic analytical skills and judgement.
- Confidence to manage competing priorities and be able to work under pressure, in terms of both time and the scale of the tasks.
What we'll give you
In return you’ll receive a competitive salary and practical things like 25 days holiday, a competitive pension, lifestyle savings and a healthcare cash plan, so whenever the time comes and you need some help with your health, we’ll make sure you’re not out of pocket and life assurance to give you some peace of mind.