Group Head of Legal
As legal consulting has become more mainstream, we are seeing a growing number of requests from clients seeking support from lawyers who have worked as senior legal advisors and have a track record of providing strategic advice to business and leading and managing teams.
Obelisk Support is the home of flexible legal work. We believe that the changing world of work means that everyone should be able to work the way that suits them best. We connect talented and driven individuals to great projects, delivering legal services to some of the world’s leading companies and firms.
This is an exciting role with one of our clients, a unique commercial property management company. It would suit someone who is already operating at a senior level and looking to hone their leadership skills, and who can offer straightforward legal advice in a purpose-driven organisation. Reporting to the executive leadership, the role oversees a team looking after all of the legal and company secretarial affairs of the company.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of performing as a group or major corporate division’s most senior legal advisor and of acting as/supporting a company secretary
- Board experience and a proven track record of providing strategic advice to businesses and leading/managing teams, with particular focus on managing external partnerships
- An interest in sustainability goals as well as generally being aligned to a purpose-driven organisation
You will need to be qualified in England & Wales, or in other jurisdictions with recent and extensive UK experience. For this six month role you must be available to work up to full-time/5 days a week (some flexibility available) and able to start within the next few weeks. A right to work and reside in the UK is essential.
Join the Obelisk Support network and benefit from:
- Outstanding access to projects with leading in-house teams - no need to bring clients with you or generate your own business
- One-on-one support to help you secure the projects you are interested in
- Control over how you want to work, combining your professional goals with your personal priorities
- Feedback after every assignment to help you develop your skills as you build your portfolio of experience
- Being part of a business with a purpose. We’ve led the way in the legal industry with our advocacy for diversity and are the founding sponsor of the Next Hundred Years project.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV using the ‘Apply’ button and we’ll be in touch.
If you would like to know more about some of our other opportunities and explore your options for legal consulting, then please get in touch via email@example.com to arrange an initial, confidential chat with one of our team.
Obelisk is committed to equal opportunities and to building a diverse and inclusive community of consultants. We will make reasonable adjustments to our application process to support you as you need, please email us and let us know how we can help.