Legal Manager – Energy & Defence
Fantastic opportunity to join a FTSE Plc engineering business working in the nuclear and defence markets.
- Reporting to the Group GC you will take responsibility for legal support to several divisions and manage a small team of 3 professionals
- Key legal business adviser predominantly to the management teams as well as commercial, procurement, employment, finance, treasury, and insurance
- Handle a wide range of international commercial work including bespoke contracts: agency, licensing, distribution, JVs, framework, and confidentiality
- Overseeing export control
- Support to tenders and new market development
- Assisting with acquisitions and other corporate and company secretarial matters
- Managing disputes
- Overseeing property
- You may also advise on IP, GDPR, H&S, antibribery and sanctions
- Delivering training sessions and maintaining/updating legal documents
We are looking for:
- Qualified solicitor with c 6-9 years PQE *
- At least 3 years in-house experience ideally in a similar sector
- Sound knowledge of contracts and commercial law
- Ideally a knowledge of export control
- Proven management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organisational skills
Our client will consider flexible working including home working for candidates who are also prepared to travel.
If you are interested in this Senior Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch on 01539 446666.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.