Corporate Tax Associate
Corporate Tax Associate (2-5+PQE): You will work within one of them one of the most respectable Corporate Tax teams, advising on the Taxation of M&A transactions as well as supporting other areas within the corporate Tax team. This department has strong 5-year plan, as such you will be given every opportunity to progress and develop your career in this non-hierarchical and top heavy environment. This department is highly ranked n the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
This firm are top international firm with offices across Europe, Asia and the Middle East. With a large international presence, this firm has forged close ties across Asia-Pacific, Singapore and the PRC. The diverse mix of expertise and culture has resulted in a number of strong award winning teams.
With a wide range of listed and Private Companies, Institutions and Individuals, you will find the overriding ethos of the firm is quality; however, they pride themselves on their individuality, teamwork, commitment and straight-talking approach. Technology and Innovation plays a key part within this firm, but importantly the people are integral to this firm's growth. They have attracted and secured some of the best legal talents over the past 5 years from other Top 20 firms and US practices. As well as this they have one of the highest internal promotion structures with many of the Partners coming through their own ranks. Investing in Technology and their people have allowed them to win multiple Chambers and Legal 500 awards as well as Employment, Diversity and Culture awards.
A key benefit of joining this Top International practice is you will be exposed to a large amount of international work. With over 25% of their staff based outside the UK you will receive plenty of opportunities overseas, in particular, a large amount of their associates benefits from International Secondments. In an ever-changing and growing market, this firm has the brand not only domestically but internationally to really drive your career forward.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Tax Associate (2-5 PQE) to join this Top International law firms City of London office and be part of a wider award-winning firm.
The global Tax group has an in-depth understanding of the tax and commercial issues facing clients in the current economic climate. You will all relevant tax matters where deals are cross-border, they need integrated domestic tax advice across multiple jurisdictions and overarching international outlook. You will work within a legal 500 and Chambers ranked.
You will be:
- Advising on the Taxation of M&A transactions with an emphasis on cross border deals, corporate restructuring, energy taxation (including upstream work), equity and debt capital markets, finance, UK Real Estate, Projects, Funds and Private Equity.
- Expected to lead and negotiate transactions with limited supervision
- Encouraged to adopt a client facing position
- Work on other matters or support matters that come through the Tax department. I.e VAT, Reserve Tax, and other specialist Tax areas.
As an Senior associate in the department, you will work with the Partners and the Senior Lawyers on complex matters. You will be given a large amount of responsibility and client interaction that will allow you to larger career prospects.
- You will be a Corporate Tax Solicitor at least 2-5 years PQE (There is no upper limit for the level of PQE and more senior candidates will be taken into account for a senior position)
- You will be currently working within a City or International practice.
- Worked within a respectable corporate practice
- Excellent drafting and communication skills.
- Actively engage in networking and development opportunities
Salary & Benefits:
- You will receive a market-leading salary with an excellent bonus structure and benefits package.
- The firm also promotes work-life balance with working from home days.
This is a standout position for a Corporate Tax Associate to join this Top International practice in their City of London office.
Apply now for immediate consideration, alternatively please feel to email or call for a confidential conversation