Serious Injury Lawyer
One of the UK's largest dedicated personal injury law firms based in Wakefield is looking to add to their serious injury team. They have an outstanding team of Lawyers who are renowned for their expertise in Personal Injury, Clinical negligence and even catastrophic events.
The firm deal with very high quality case loads and have grown steadily over the past few years. As a result of this success they are now looking for 3 Solicitors/Fee Earners with experience of working in a fast paced, driven environment.
The role will be to handle your own caseload of Multi track litigated claimant personal injury work in a modern working environment with the latest case Pro Claim management software. The cases involve serious injuries and are multi track level. You will need to have handled your own cases with values of at least £25k-£100k from inception to trial.
The claims include RTA and EL/PL injuries of the utmost severity with values of over £100,000 including brain, spinal and amputation injuries. Also high value fatal accidents.
- Handle an interesting and complex mix of MultiTrack - High Volume serious/catastrophic injury cases.
- Undertaking discussions and negotiations with Insured, Insurer and Third Party Solicitors to achieve rapid and appropriate settlements and apportionment of costs.
- Undertaking Court Telephone Hearings
- Timely and accurate maintenance of all case management, billing and management information systems
- Allocation of funds to appropriate client account
- Correspondence and telephone calls
- Reviewing files
- Being part of the support for junior staff
- Qualified Solicitor or legal executive or high level experience in Fee Earning.
- 5+ years PQE in managing a claimant PI caseload
- Confident in litigating matters from start to Finish.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Hard working and able to work from own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Keen Commercial awareness.