Head of Legal & Company Secretary
An award-winning global fashion brand is looking to employ a Head of Legal & Company Secretary to join the organisation as their first in-house lawyer.
Having operated successfully for close to twenty years and with sales continuing to increase, this role represents a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business with an international presence across the UK, Europe, USA, Asia and the Middle East.
Soon to be listed on the London Stock Exchange, they are going through an exciting phase of growth and are looking for a senior commercial lawyer to take on an integral role providing general legal advice and support to all departments across the organisation.
The team is currently working from home, but have plans to move into new offices in central London later this year once restrictions ease.
Reporting into the Finance Director, key responsibilities as Head of Legal will include:
- Managing all legal affairs related to the structure of the organisation, its commercial licenses, and commercial law compliance;
- Providing legal advice to the business and its Directors;
- Building strong and amicable relationships with vendors, landlords and external legal counsel;
- Identifying and mitigating legal risks;
- Building legal templates, policies and processes and advising on relevant legal implications;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts;
- Ensuring the company complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Updating and maintaining HR policies and procedures to ensure the company is compliant with current employment law;
- Company secretarial duties, including overseeing the day-to day administration of the company, organising board meetings and preparing agendas;
- Maintaining company books and records.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- Qualified solicitor from the UK or other relevant jurisdiction with minimum 6 years' PQE (although applications from all levels will be considered on merit);
- Qualified with the ICSA (The Chartered Governance Institute);
- Senior in-house legal experience working for a PLC within a retail or e-commerce environment is preferred;
- Proven company secretarial experience;
- Significant experience dealing with a broad range of commercial contracts;
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work in a fast-paced and high growth environment where no two days are the same;
- The ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders;
- Proven leadership and communication skills;
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and to find out more information, please contact Amy.Pfeifer@RobertWalters.com