Founded over 20 years ago in London, a fast-growing company operating in the transport & logistics sector is looking for a commercial legal counsel to join their team.
Providing support to the business and the broader legal team across a wide range of contract law and commercial issues, the successful candidate will need to deliver clear and practical legal advice and develop pragmatic and commercially focussed strategies and solutions, providing advice to various functions and business units as required.
As part of a close-knit legal team, the Legal Counsel will enjoy a varied day-to-day remit, including:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of commercial contracts, particularly those relating to supply, transport, and services;
- Assisting with various matters relating to compliance;
- Providing legal advice on ad-hoc issues affecting the business;
- Working with stakeholders across the business including sales and finance teams;
The ideal candidate will display the following experience and attributes:
- Qualified solicitor in the UK, Europe or another Commonwealth jurisdiction;
- Minimum of 3 years' PQE, including experience gained within an in-house role (although all candidates will be considered on merit);
- Experience within rail, transport or logistics is preferred but not essential;
- Excellent knowledge of contract and commercial law;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify the key legal and business considerations and provide targeted, pragmatic and solutions-driven advice and recommendations;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
Apply now, or email Amy.Pfeifer@RobertWalters.com for more information.
Apply for Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly