Estate Planning Consultant
Estate Planning Consultant
£24,160 base salary, on-target earnings £35,000 plus benefits (Grade F14)
Flexible hours between 9am and 7pm, only required to be available in the evenings two days per week
Locations: York, Coventry, Croydon, Swindon, Reading, Cambridge, Taunton, Bournemouth
Remote with occasional travel for face to face meetings (within government guidelines)
We're looking for estate planning consultants to join our growing team. Here at Co-op Estate Planning, our aim is to offer accessible legal advice and support around later life issues without the legal jargon. Our clients rate us highly, and we strive to consistently provide excellent service at a time when people are often at their most vulnerable.
In this role you’ll discuss appropriate solutions with potential clients using a consultative approach. You’ll conduct meetings with potential clients through video, telephone and internet platforms; offering advice on later life planning, and working closely with Co-op Legal Services colleagues to deliver a great client experience.
You don’t need a background in law to do this job, but you should have transferrable skills that allow you to provide outstanding client care and commercial success. If you've got the client care skills and commercial awareness we're looking for, you'll have the opportunity to build a career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do:
• attend pre-arranged (online or phone based) appointments to discuss the benefits of later life legal services including; wills, LPAs, trusts, pre-paid funeral plans and Probate services
• gain client commitment to use our services
• perform to agreed targets to deliver outstanding client outcomes and commercial success
• work closely with clients to identify their different needs, providing appropriate information to best meet their requirements
• develop positive relationships with Co-op colleagues – working together to provide the perfect client journey
• explain complex legal issues to clients
• occasionally travel for face to face client or company meetings (within government guidelines)
This role would suit people who have:
• previous experience in a client facing role
• the ability to achieve and exceed targets
• the ability to consult and influence while showing enthusiasm for our products and services
• a strong level of literacy and numeracy
• active listening skills with the ability to adapt your communication style and engage a diverse range of clients through telephone, video and face to face discussions
• empathy and understanding when speaking with our potential clients
• the ability to use your own initiative and work autonomously
• a full UK driving license
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• monthly incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.