Corporate Counsel - Investment Company
Our client is a well regarded investments company with businesses within insurance and real estate investments.
The business is seeking to hire a Corporate Counsel to be responsible for the investments side of the business and advise the CIO on a range of legal matters related to the various investment acquisitions and disposals made by the company.
You will be expected to advise on matters including:
- reviewing investment documentation, including subscription agreements, SPVs, side letters, shareholder agreements, LLC agreements and limited partnership agreements;
- undertaking the legal aspects of the due diligence review for investment transactions including reviewing the structure, underlying documentation and understanding the involvement of any entity involved in the transaction;
- assisting with the completion of all documentation needed for entities to enter into transactions including subscription agreements, wrappers, shareholder agreements, investment agreements, side letters, limited partnership agreements and accession deeds;
- liaising with external counsel supporting an investment transaction; and
- coordinating with the investment team to ensure that timely and complete reports relating to such transactions are made to local senior management or local boards of directors, as needed.
- You should be a qualified lawyer with at least 5 years' PQE from a well regarded law firm.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong corporate legal skills and experience in advising and drafting a range of corporate investment documentation including SPVs, JVs, side letters and shareholder agreements.
- You should be able to operate to tight deadlines and be able to work autonomously but in a commercial and pragmatic way
If you are looking for an in house role providing legal advice on a range of company investments, then this role could be very suitable.
Please contact James Franklin at Search Legal Consultancy to discuss further.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.