Ad hoc Counsel
Reimagine your legal career
Axiom is the global leader in high-caliber, on-demand legal talent. With over 2,400 employees spanning North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable corporate legal departments to drive efficiency and growth to adapt to a demanding new era.
Axiom empowers you to take control of how you work while contributing your expertise to the world's best companies.
Currently, we're hiring Ad hoc Counsel to join us with:
- 8+ years of experience gained In-House or in Private Practice within one of Corporate, Commercial, Finance, Employment or Data Privacy specialisms.
- Strong commercial understanding, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience serving as outside counsel to their own portfolio of Clients, providing sophisticated and advanced levels of advice, i.e. a Subject Matter Expert.
- Desire to provide excellent client service and an ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to new situations and work environments, and a thirst for new challenges.
- Experience with time tracking systems; ability to engage with standard 3rd party billing systems as needed.
- You must have the right to work and be eligible to practice as a lawyer in the UK.
The responsibilities for this role will include:
- Working with and advising corporate clients directly, as well as the ability to provide entrepreneurial, pragmatic, business-oriented advice.
- The ability to thrive working independently and autonomously in a large, fast-paced environment with a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment.
- The ability to excel in short, high intensity engagements with the goal to establish long term relationships.
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, offering access to a variety of professional development programs and continuing legal education opportunities.
Since 2000, we’ve reached legal professionals globally and been committed to reimagining legal work. We seek to live up to the New York Times’ prediction that, “A more sweeping transformation may be on the horizon. And it may look a lot like Axiom”.
Our company is ranked #1 in business of law, innovation in corporate strategy, and innovation in law firm efficiency by the Financial Times.
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster.
Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.