Company Secretary - Global Asset Manager - Perm Role - London
My client is a leading global asset manager looking to hire a Company Secretary on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of this role:
- To provide a comprehensive technical and administrative service to a key investment trust client, and to support the Company Secretarial team in ensuring the relevant corporate governance framework is in place both on a corporate and fund level.
- Covering regulatory and statutory compliance, attendance and minuting of board and committee meetings, and input on corporate governance best practice.
Responsibilities will include
- Ensuring a listed company on the London Stock Exchange, fully complies with the myriad of statutes and regulations
- Responsibility for all investment trust-related governance and administration, including board meeting governance and administration, director relations and engagement with shareholders and relevant stakeholders such as the external auditor and lawyers
- Preparing the investment trust annual and half year report and accounts with input from relevant areas of the business and coordinating the annual general meeting
- Oversight of the services provided by the registrar for the investment trust to ensure service levels are maintained to a high standard and in accordance with relevant statutory requirements.
- Engaging with external advisors, as appropriate, on behalf of the investment trust board to negotiate terms of debentures, loan agreements etc
- Ensuring the timely release of RIS announcements, statutory filings and updating of statutory records
- Acting as Company Secretary to various subsidiaries - including the preparation of board papers, drafting minutes and matters arising, and ensuring compliance with local statutory requirements
- Providing guidance to the chairman, non-executive and executive directors of relevant boards on any related statutory developments or industry best practice
- Oversight of the investment trust-related sections of the Company Secretarial procedures manual to ensure it remains up-to-date
Candidates should have:
- FCIS, ACIS or Grad ICSA
- Degree education
- Investment trust/listed company experience preferred
- Detailed knowledge of the UKLA Listing Requirements and UK statutory requirements
- Minimum two years’ experience in a Company Secretarial role
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Company Secretary - Global Asset Manager - Perm Role - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Company Secretary (non-qualified) 4-6 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Company/Commercial Company Secretary (non-qualified) 4-6 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Asset Finance Company Secretary (non-qualified) 4-6 Years jobs in London (Greater)
- Regulatory/Compliance Company Secretary (non-qualified) 4-6 Years jobs in London (Greater)