Private Client Solicitor - 3 PQE+, Berkshire
New! - our client are a highly regarded local Berkshire firm with an excellent reputation for their Private Client practice which advises on the following matters: complex estate administration trusts; tax concerns & wills and probate issues. Due to expansion within the team, a unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Private Client Associate (3 PQE+) to join their growing team in Berkshire and play an integral role in the future development of the practice.
A Private Client Solicitor is required to join this busy private client team in Berkshire which serves the wider Thames Valley region. The post holder will be required to deal with Wills and Probate matters as well as other Private Client work. You will therefore have an interest in dealing with complex files and will have experience of and typically be involved in the following:
- Preparation of Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney for UK based and international clients.
- Estate planning (including lifetime and post-death planning), to cover advice on inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax and the creation of lifetime trusts
- Obtaining grants of probate or letters of administration and administering estate, including foreign domicile, re-sealing of grants and intestate estates
- Preparing deeds of variation, deeds of gifts and deeds of family arrangement
- Providing trust advice particularly around setting up, management and administration with reference to the firm's dedicated Trust Administration team (as required)
- Ideally 3-4 PQE+ with a sound and solid background in wills and probate and experience of running independent caseloads
- Strong technical competence and intellectual ability (STEP qualification preferred)
- Confident and personable approach, with excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
You can also expect to work closely with a number of business families advising on existing structures set up for the management and governance of the family business, its interaction with family trusts and associated estate planning measures.
An excellent financial package is on offer + career progression.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org