A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a planning lawyer to join a Legal 500 ranked planning team at this top tier international practice in Birmingham, ranked as one of the top 20 firms in the UK.
The planning team in Birmingham act for clients throughout the UK across a range of sectors including landowners, retailers, commercial developers, residential developers, local authorities, central government agencies, energy (nuclear, renewable, and natural resources), transport, ports, and aerospace.
The successful planning lawyer joining this award-winning team will undertake a broad range of high calibre, complex and challenging planning matters, both contentious and non-contentious, advising on some of the UK’s highest profile commercial, residential and infrastructure projects which will include:
- Planning applications
- Planning obligations
- Highways and infrastructure
- Planning appeals
- Call-in inquiries
- Compulsory purchase orders
- Judicial review
- Regeneration and redevelopment
- Land compensation matters
- Environmental matters
- Town and country planning
- Listed buildings and conservation
- Planning enforcement
This position is ideally suited to planning lawyers with a minimum of three years’ PQE. Planning lawyers applying for this opportunity should be able to display:
- A strong academic background
- Strong technical knowledge and commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in business development and client relationship management
The firm offers an excellent salary and benefits package, with genuine career development opportunities.
For more information or to make an application please contact Gishan Abeyratne: firstname.lastname@example.org