In-house Real Estate Lawyer, remote working
Our client is a national household name that is strengthening its foothold across the UK – and expansion and development of the existing property portfolio is a key aspect of this. In line with this growth, they are looking appoint a real estate/property lawyer who will directly report to the Head of Legal and form part of a high calibre legal team.
This role will be broad in scope and dynamic in nature. You will work closely with the business and in particular the estates team and advise on both the strategy and operational aspects of a wide range of property related issues including:
- Overseeing and managing a large property portfolio of leasehold and freehold properties;
- Leading property related transactions including new site development and re-development projects.
- Draft and negotiate of a variety of property leases and licences;
- Advising in relation to property related disputes;
- Manage the business’ relationship with external counsel on real estate and wider matters.
- Advising on broader legal areas such as commercial contracts, data protection, planning and construction areas.
You must have a ‘can do’ attitude and not be afraid of rolling up your sleeves and getting involved in a diverse array of legal work that can affect the business beyond property related issues.
- Currently sit in a real estate legal team in private practice and preferably have in-house experience from a secondment;
- Already be a member of an in-house legal team, where real estate matters form a focus or element of your role.
You must be also be an excellent communicator and be able to foster strong relationships with the business and senior management team that you will be working with. In return, our client will offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
We will consider candidates seeking a full-time role or requiring some flexibility (a 4 day working week equivalent).
You will have the ability to work remotely from home but you will be required to attend occasional meetings and site visits.
For more information please contact: Victoria Moore at Arbuthnot Yon on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07971666134.
Due to a high volume of applications we will only respond to those we deem suitable for the role.