Legal Counsel Wealth and Personal Banking (Jersey)
Role Purpose and accountabilities:
Based in Jersey working as a Legal Counsel in the Wealth and Personal Banking “WPM” business for a Leading Global Banking Group
· Provide support on a broad range of legal issues arising out of the WPB business.
· To be considered as a trusted adviser by ensuring that commercially sensitive and pragmatic legal support and advice is provided in a cost-effective manner to the WPB business.
· Provide support and guidance to more senior lawyers in the Legal Team and assist in identification of legal risks and appropriate risk mitigation strategies. Governance and Committee Memberships
· Proactively provide high quality specialised legal and related regulatory advice and guidance and support to the WPB businesses.
· Assist in managing the relationships with panel law firms / external legal counsel and ensure such appointments deliver cost effective and practical advice.
Functional Knowledge and Experience
· Qualified Solicitor or Barrister 2-4 years PQE with a leading law firm or in-house
· Solid knowledge and experience of all aspects of retail banking and wealth and investment products.
· Experience of helping a retail wealth focussed business on designing and delivering wealth products would be a plus