Private Client Lawyer (2-6 PQE)
A Private Client Solicitor is required to join the busy Succession & Tax team in Oxford (ranked Tier 1 in the Legal 500), which serves the wider Thames Valley region. The post holder will be required to deal with Wills and Probate matters as well as other Private Client work.
You will therefore have an interest in dealing with complex files and will have experience of and typically be involved in the following:
- Preparation of Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney for UK based and international clients.
- Estate planning (including lifetime and post-death planning), to cover advice on inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax and the creation of lifetime trusts
- Obtaining grants of probate or letters of administration and administering estate, including foreign domicile, re-sealing of grants and intestate estates
- Preparing deeds of variation, deeds of gifts and deeds of family arrangement
- Providing trust advice particularly around setting up, management and administration with reference to the firm's dedicated Trust Administration team (as required)
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Sound and solid background in wills and probate with experience of running independent caseloads
- Strong technical competence and intellectual ability
- Confident and personable approach, with excellent communication skills (verbal and written)