Restructuring & Insolvency Associate - Surrey
New! - our client, a leading Legal 100 firm with a Tier-1 rated Banking & Finance team based in Surrey are now seeking an experienced Restructuring & Insolvency Solicitor to advise all stakeholders in distressed situations including lenders; investors; corporate's; directors and individuals, in addition to acting for insolvency practitioners. This is a unique opportunity to develop your career with a highly respected firm often referred to as "outstanding" within the legal directories. The successful individual will ideally have experience of both contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters, both corporate and personal.
The Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency (CRI) team compromises four partners, three senior associates, six associates at the 1-5 PQE level and three trainee solicitors. The team have specialist expertise in all aspects of CRI, with services including:
• Restructuring of solvent and insolvent companies
• Pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
• Advice on directors’ duties and liabilities in relation to distressed or insolvent companies
• Formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations (solvent or insolvent) and bankruptcies
• Security reviews on existing or proposed loans
• Strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners
• Advice to investors in distressed or insolvent companies
• Litigation and recovery actions
• Asset tracing
• Directors’ disqualification proceedings
• LPA Receiverships, and
• Cross-border insolvency and COMI issues
The R&I practice carries out the full range of contentious and non-contentious insolvency work. The team act for insolvency practitioners, lenders and financial institutions, companies, directors, creditors and stakeholders. The R&I practice has a significant international element to it, covering Europe, the Caribbean and the US.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Drafting and managing transactional documents.
• Carrying out legal research.
• Assisting the team with all stages of contentious insolvency matters including general case management.
• Liaising with stakeholders (e.g. clients, counsel, and other firms).
• Managing smaller matters with eventually, minimal supervision.
• Actively engaging in business development and knowledge management.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a good academic background and excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Have trained with a large regional commercial practice or City firm.
• Have completed a restructuring & insolvency seat during their training contract. We will also consider candidates who have completed seats in both Corporate and Commercial Litigation if they can demonstrate experience of insolvency-related work.
• Have experience of both contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters, both corporate and personal.
A highly attractive financial package is on offer + benefits.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below, or contact: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Private Practice Partner jobs in Berkshire
- Insolvency & restructuring Private Practice Partner jobs in Berkshire
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Private Practice Partner jobs in Berkshire
- Civil Litigation Private Practice Partner jobs in Berkshire
- Commercial Litigation Private Practice Partner jobs in Berkshire