Restructuring & Insolvency Partner - Hertfordshire
New! - our client are a leading Legal 500 firm with an enviable reputation for their highly-rated commercial litigation team based in Buckinghamshire. Excellent transport links to London and the Thames Valley make this firm a popular choice for individuals seeking high-quality litigation work without a London commute. You will be based within a modern law firm who are proud of their collegiate culture and forward-thinking approach to flexible working and work/life balance. The firm has high retention numbers across all levels and encourage promotion internally when looking at expanding the partnership.
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Senior Litigation Associate to take an immediate step-up to a salaried partnership role. The ideal individual will able to demonstrate the following profile:
- An existing partner or a senior lawyer at a London or equivalent firm.
- Good level of technical knowledge.
- A proven track record in establishing and developing client relationships and winning new clients, introducing new and referral business both to the team and the wider firm.
You will bring solid contentious insolvency experience and help to drive this Tier-2 practice forwards. You will ideally have gained at least 7-8 years of experience advising across a broad range of disputes, or alternatively, specialising in insolvency related disputes, which may include the below:
- Restructuring of solvent / insolvent companies
- Pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
- Advice on directors’ duties and liabilities in relation to distressed or insolvent companies
- Formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations and bankruptcies
- Security reviews on existing or proposed loans
- Strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners
- Advising on distressed situations such as difficult trading conditions (include directors' advice), winding-up orders and confiscating property or assets;
- Formulating effective exit strategies for owners and investors; preparing securities documentation; undertaking fraud investigations and pursuing and/or defending actions against directors;
- Handling complex and challenging Pension Regulation when insolvency looms; Members of our Insolvency & Restructuring team have also worked in-house at the Pensions Regulator.
- Litigation and recovery actions
- Asset tracing
- Directors’ disqualification proceedings
- LPA Receiverships, and
- Cross-border insolvency and COMI issues
An attractive financial package is on offer.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link below or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org