Asset Management Lawyer (4+ yrs.) Sought for Global Investment Manager, London
We are partnering with a key player in the growing Exchange Traded Fund/Exchange Traded Product (ETF / ETP) market. Along with more traditional strategies, this pioneering asset manager is unlocking the potential in areas such as AI, cryptocurrencies and cloud-based investments.
Now, an exciting new opportunity has emerged in their product team for a lawyer that will work closely with various business teams to develop new products whilst also supporting the maintenance of the current investment portfolio.
More specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Work hand-in-hand with the product development team to structure and launch new products;
- Draft new and update existing fund and product documentation (including prospectuses, trust and security arrangements);
- Co-ordinate the development process across the business to execute successful launches;
- Advise on strategy for future products by preparing business cases and preparing product proposals;
- Advise the business on current and upcoming regulatory matters.
This role would suit a lawyer that wants to be hands-on and immersed in a business; someone that wants to gain a tangible sense of creating and shepherding a product to market, whilst addressing the legal and commercial issues at play throughout.
We are looking for lawyers that:
- Are UK or Commonwealth-qualified with at least 4 yrs. PQE and strong academics;
- Have some degree of asset management or funds experience;
- Appreciate the regulatory landscape that governs the investment management arena.
Experience in the following is a bonus, but not a pre-requisite:
- UCITS funds (either UK, Ireland or Luxembourg domiciled);
- ETFs, ETPs or Exchange Traded Commodities/Currencies (ETCs).
We are open to receiving applications from lawyers that are in private practice, though some in-house experience (either through your current role or an in-house secondment) is desirable.
For more information please contact:
Matthew Bloxham: firstname.lastname@example.org 07900 692 209
Celene Yon: email@example.com 07944 390723
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only respond to those we deem suitable for the role.