Great opportunity for a Legal Counsel to join a leading name in the entertainment sector, based in the heart of Central London.
You will support the Legal and Business Affairs team in its wide-ranging legal, commercial and corporate development function across all of the Group's activities both in the UK and internationally, with particular focus on Commercial Contracts and Data Protection.
About the Role
Reporting to the Group General Counsel, responsibilities will include the following:
- Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts relating to rights, licenses, supply, partnership, and production;
- Key responsibility for Data Protection and Privacy compliance, including training employees, conducting audits, drafting policies and procedures, and updating records;
- Assisting with corporate and M&A matters;
- Advising on the Group's intellectual property issues;
- Assisting with the maintenance of company books and records including making filings at Companies House and arranging board and shareholder meetings;
- Working closely with a range of departments across the business (in particular production, marketing, finance, HR and IT) to provide strategic and commercially-focused advice;
- Managing relationships with external counsel;
- This role is best suited to a 2-4 PQE solicitor, qualified in the UK or another commonwealth jurisdiction (although all candidates will be considered on merit);
- Corporate/commercial law experience from a leading law firm or a relevant in-house role;
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify the key legal and business considerations and provide targeted, pragmatic and solutions-driven advice and recommendations;
- A team-player with a positive attitude towards your work.
Apply now, or email Amy.Pfeifer@RobertWalters.com for more information.